Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Window treatment

This is the theme of our bedroom right now.  Yes, even the fan matches.  Not quite the romantic master suite I had envisioned.  Since there is so much wallpaper to deal with, this room is one of the last on our list.  It will take some time to figure out what to do here, but in the meantime I wanted to share with you a quick and easy window treatment that you can use to easily update, or in our case, color-correct, a room.  I call it Panel-ies or Panel-ease.  My drapes from our old house were still in good condition when we moved, but weren't exactly the right color for our new rooms.   Here are some befores and afters:



The drapes are a darker tan color that doesn't go with blue exactly.  So I used some old fabric to come up with a new window treatment that didn't cost a lot or involve a lot of effort.  I simply hung the old drapes and added a strip of this blue and tan paisley fabric in front of the drape.  (As long as both colors are present in the fabric, it should work.  The other factor is scale of the fabric, one patter should be approximately twice the size of the other pattern, in this case, the wallpaper.)


They are not even sewn together so I can still change them out with another room or another panel-ly.  It livens the window up a bit and allows me to coordinate with what we had.  It won't last forever, but will let me take my time planning for this bedroom.



Now I just have to figure out what to do with this fan!




No comments:

Post a Comment

What Is Grief?

 What is grief? It is standing in the shower and  you are suddenly crying and then you are sobbing. And you barely thought about it in the t...