Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day off

Well, I was going to show you some more stuff we put in the boys room last night, but we've all been fighting the cold/cough for a few days and my little guy is asleep in there right now and I can't go in and take pictures.  It's not earth-shattering, I'm sure it can wait another day. 
So today I had a surprise day off - he couldn't go to school.  This kind of sets me in a tizzy.  I'm lost without having my clear objectives for the day set and done and checked off the list.  Which is really sad when you think about it.  I took a test online called the Enneagram, to learn more about myself as part of my coaching practice, and the one area that came in really low was "PLAY."  I  wish I could make that a priority, but you know what happened last week with the swing... well I've got some hangups...
So today on my day off I did manage to take a nap, make two important phone calls and then go into the blogosphere to play.  Here's what I found, the Word of the Year.  I have been toying with the idea of a word for the last week or so, but couldn't come up with anything and frankly I'm not ready to have 'play' as my word.  It would be too intimidating for me.  So I'm playing with words to come up with the one that I can commit to this year.  Are you ready...
GATHER.  I love this word.  I love that it is a verb that has to do with friends, family, food, gardening, but when I went to google images, look what else I found?
    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Is Grief?

 What is grief? It is standing in the shower and  you are suddenly crying and then you are sobbing. And you barely thought about it in the t...