Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Organization 101

I love looking at all the January magazines featuring great new tips for getting organized in the New Year.  I think I've probably read all those articles before.  Of course we all go through cycles in life and mine usually revolve around purging, nesting, then creating.  I can feel the creative energy beginning to flow.  I am ready to take it all on, but the list grows higher each day.  I have 3 more days off this week and I am planning to climb Mt. Everest and tackle about 8,000 projects in this house.  So, first I'm going to make a list.  Then I'm going to prioritize.  Then I'm going to see what I can do with what I already have in the house at this moment.  Then I'm going to see what I can do if I use the coupons I have for Ace Hardware.  Then I'm going to see what kind of time I have because the kids have made plans to see friends, go ice skating, go to the movies, all those fun things I should probably be doing too! 

The List:
  • Paint hall stairwell
  • Frame family pictures
  • Hang chair in boys room
  • Move desk out of bedroom
  • Sew pillow shams
  • Put up chandelier in dining room
  • Fix bathroom ceiling
  • Put desk in J's room
  • Paint and cover 'coffee table'
  • Clean out pantry
  • Clean out 'desk closet'
The race begins tomorrow morning at 8 am sharp, after I have had my coffee and done a load of laundry, which is quickly backing up!  I'll keep you posted.  But that stairwell is getting painted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Is Grief?

 What is grief? It is standing in the shower and  you are suddenly crying and then you are sobbing. And you barely thought about it in the t...