Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Annie's Room

Even though it's after Thanksgiving and all of my decorating energies should be directed toward Christmas, I thought I'd take a step back and talk about the kid's bedrooms.  When we first moved in one of our priorities was to make sure the kids had special spaces.  We loved our old house and simply outgrew it, so it was not an easy transition.  Annie's old room was the perfect little girl room, with "All things bright and beautiful, the Lord God made them all..." stenciled around the ceiling.  I knew that we would have to step it up for her big girl room so for her birthday we painted and refreshed the little girl look.
Here are the pictures:
Here is the bed we ordered from JCPenney almost 8 years ago.  The circles are chalk-ready - just three coats of acrylic paint!  (No, you don't need special chalkboard paint :)  )

We moved this chair into the room when my mother-in-law visited during the hurricane and it has stuck!

This chandelier is from restore, the Habitat for Humanity store.  I spray painted it with a cream paint.  Annie picked out the ribbons and we used them on the window rods and the chandelier, since she does not like beads.



These are the remnants of her old little girls room which we were able to incorporate into the new look. 
(The dresser was mine growing up and I painted it with her initials when she was born!)
I hope you enjoyed it. 
I'm off to plan our Christmas decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Is Grief?

 What is grief? It is standing in the shower and  you are suddenly crying and then you are sobbing. And you barely thought about it in the t...