Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A year ago, almost to the day, we found a new house completely by surprise and it has changed our lives.  We were not looking for a new house - really it found us.  My husband was out running and a few days later took me for a drive (actually we were on our way home from the store).  When we pulled up out front, I looked past the barren yard and broken windows and envisioned the home of our dreams.  I think even our realtor thought we were crazy. 
It has been a long year and when we finally moved in last May, the real work was still before us, literally.  Now, almost 6 months later, we've had the plumbers, the electricians, the carpenters come to do their work, but now it's our turn.  I am working to make this house a family-friendly home, the kind you see in movies where all the kids come home for Thanksgiving.  Check out the set of It's Complicated.  (Thanks to Julia at Hooked on Houses!)

I don't quite know if we'll ever get there, (I'm talking the living room, not the complicated part... and I'm in no rush, the kids are all under 13 thank goodness) but we are determined to have fun in the process.
It has been a blessing in so many ways, a wonderful house, a wonderful neighborhood, a wonderful creative project!   I've been finding inspiration everywhere, including at 320 Sycamore, where she creates wonderful family spaces for living.
And the dream didn't end with the house.   Through the process of moving I have found new creative outlets in designing and writing and even blogging.  Come visit us as we go through the process, discovering all the joys of creating a life together!  Take care,  Joannie

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Is Grief?

 What is grief? It is standing in the shower and  you are suddenly crying and then you are sobbing. And you barely thought about it in the t...